Exquisite service, professional integrity, people-oriented, pioneering and innovative, advanced equipment
Auto parts often appear in life, so what are the advantages of injection molding auto parts?
1. The advantage of using plastic to make auto parts is to reduce the weight of the body. Lightweight is the goal of the automotive industry, and plastics can play a role in this. The specific gravity of ordinary plastics is 0.9-1.5, and that of fiber reinforced composites is no more than 2. Among the metal materials, the proportion of A3 steel is 7.6, that of brass is 8.4, and that of aluminum is 2.7, which makes plastics the material of light vehicles.
2. Plastic automobile parts are easy to form and process with complex shape. For example, when the instrument panel is processed with steel plate, all kinds of plastic parts usually need to be processed and molded, and then assembled or welded with connectors, which requires a lot of steps. Plastic molding, processing time is short, accuracy is guaranteed.
3. The elastic deformation characteristics of automobile plastic parts absorb a lot of collision energy, and have a greater buffer effect on the strong impact, protecting the vehicle and passengers. Therefore, modern cars use plastic dashboard and steering wheel to enhance the cushioning effect. The front and rear bumpers and body trim are made of plastic to reduce the impact of external objects on the car sound. In addition, automobile plastic parts also have the function of absorbing and reducing vibration and noise, which can improve the ride performance.
4. Plastic auto parts have strong corrosion resistance, if local damage will not corrode. But once the paint surface is damaged or the anti-corrosion effect is not good, the steel is easy to rust and corrosion. The acid, alkali and salt corrosion resistance of plastic is better than that of steel plate. If plastics are used as body coverings, they are very suitable for use in heavily polluted areas.
5. According to the composition of plastics, automobile parts can be prepared by adding different fillers, plasticizers and hardeners. The mechanical strength and machinability of materials can be changed to meet the requirements of different parts on the automobile. For example, plastic parts bumpers must have considerable mechanical strength, while cushions and backrest are made of soft polyurethane foam. More convenient is that plastic pigments can jump out of different colors through additives, thus saving the trouble of painting.